Friday, April 21, 2017

BABY TALK

As I approach the age where people start getting to THAT stage in life, this topic has come up in more than a few conversations. 

The majority of people are adamant about having kids.

( I am still undecided on reproduction. )

***

When posed the question of why they want kids, common responses are 

“ I want kids because babies are cute “ (My response to that - get a dog.)

“ I want kids so I’ll have something to look forward to. “ (Same as above - or find a hobby)

“ I want kids so I’ll have someone to take care of me when I’m old “ (Annuity - perhaps have a look.)

***

What’s a good reason for having kids then?  

I guess you should have kids simply because you want to, and want to raise them with love without expecting anything in return - and not with the intention of them serving as gratification to your boredom, nor the agenda of setting them up as your retirement plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment