Sunday, September 20, 2015

SINCE I LEFT

It has been nearly a year since I left. 

***
How is it, that in order to be considered a 'Christian' I have to...

Go to this certain specific building called 'Church'?

On this certain specific day, which has to be 'Sunday'?

At this certain specific time, which is 'from 9:00a.m. til 1:00pm'?

To carry out certain specific carefully instructed formalities such as ; sit in the pews, sing the hymns, listen to someone speak in the pulpit?

***
God is an awesome and almighty and incomprehensible being, and I feel that religion and the church tries to compartmentalize Him by putting all these formalities and rigidities in place. 

And if you do not do as the church does, think as the church does, say as the church does, you are not allowed to claim the faith.

Any questioning, pondering, or interpretation which deviates from theirs and you are struck down as a blasphemous rebellious heretic.

***
I still think about Him and love Him dearly.

Not a single day goes by that I do not confide in Him and thank Him for what He has done.

I do as much as I can to live my faith through my actions not just on Sunday, but every single Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday also. 

Not just within a building, but wherever my footsteps may fall.

Not just within the safe and closed and comfortable community that is the congregation, but whomsoever I have the fortune of crossing paths with.

***
Sometimes I bump into them.

They tut-tut disdainfully and ask me condescendingly why is it that I have been absent for so long.

With self-righteous piousness, they then sorrowfully attempt to address my ill-doing.

I keep my silence and remind myself that my faith is between Him and I, not them and I.

***
I claim and declare myself a Christian because I believe and live my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment