Friday, June 5, 2015

FAR OFF

Sometimes people see things in you, which you never saw in yourself.

Just yesterday, I was discussing the development of Facebook Cover Photos with a colleague. (Yes, what I do for work involves content development for social media platforms). 

For inspiration and for the sake of getting the creative juices flowing, we were going through other the covers of other Facebook pages, both personal as well as corporate accounts. When it came to my own account, they sat up straight and enthusiastically exclaimed

   " Your photos are amazing! "

As photography is something which I have always dabbled and had a keen interest in, I beamed and said thanks.

   " I mean seriously, have you ever considered submitting them for any competitions like National Geographic Photojournalism Awards, or selling them to photo stock agencies like Getty? "

What? Me? That's pretty.. far out. I guess I'd always known my camera skills were alright, but to that extent? Just a note that this particular colleague is relatively well-rounded on photography so this suggestion in itself was quite a compliment already.

   " You really should. After all, you have nothing to lose. "

***

Sugar cookies in West Sumatera.


Truck driver's everyday office, Coron, Palawan, Philippines.


Local lady selling clams, West Sumatera.


Monks by the Mekong, Vientiane, Laos.


Moat around Banteay Srei, Angkor.


Fillipino man on Malawing Island, Palawan, Philippines.


Sunset on the Gold Coast, Australia


Beers on the rooftop bar, Siem Reap, Cambodia.


Filippino children in Bueno Vista village, Philippines.


No comments:

Post a Comment