Friday, December 26, 2014

MERRY DRUNKEN CHRISTMAS

To date, most of my Christmas celebrations have always been pretty predictable and pleasant.

Pleasingly palatable, but nothing juicy or tantalizing.
Until this year.

***
The first party was at a family friend's mansion. Every year they pull out all the stops to put out a grand do and this year was no different. I spent most of my time there catching up with a friend who moved to Singapore a few years ago.

After that, I moved on to the next. The second party was when it got interesting. While I do enjoy the odd glass of bubbly, I'm not much of a drinker and after last night I'm even more certain that I'll never be.

Innocent chatter turned into cheery (but still innocent) singing turned into raucous bawling at the top of our lungs (Frozen's 'Let It Go', anyone?). I watched amusedly as the party spiralled into drunk delirium - intoxicated makeouts, no-holds-barred dance offs, bouts of giggling at nothing and everything, lap-grinding moves. 

Alas, what goes up must come down. Face first in the toiletbowl. Vomit spattered everywhere. Me holding back my friend's hair as she 'Let It Go' in the bin. (Okay, that was a bad joke). At the end of the night, the few sober souls remaining gathered up the incoherent merrymakers and bundled them home safe and sound.

Merry Christmas indeed.
And a Happy New Year ahead!















No comments:

Post a Comment