Friday, October 31, 2014

LADY DRAGONSLEEVE

   " What do you do? "
   " I used to work my ass off, all day every day. I started at your age. It's been 10 years. Now, if I choose I can just sleep in bed, all day every day while the money rolls in. "

***

" How did you get from where you were, to where you are? "
" I worked hard. I stayed humble. I never stopped believing. "

***

   " Do you have any regrets? "
   " I regret settling for what I thought was love. I regret that I lived to please others. I regret being fearful of the unknown. If only I had ended that relationship earlier, if only I had removed toxic people out of my life quicker, if only I had made the tough decisions sooner. "

***

   " I'm afraid. "
   " Don't be. You'll be alright. "

***

   " Thank you. For everything. "
  " No, thank YOU. For bringing me back to the start and reminding me all over again what's truly important. "

***

A brief remark casually tossed to passing stranger, resulting in us engaging in unexpectedly profound conversation for 3 hours. 

Who would've thought?


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment