Saturday, November 23, 2013

RUNNING AWAY

Two weeks ago, I ran away from home. 

***


Why did I do it?



This year has been an exciting, refreshing, incredible roller coaster with me hanging tight through the ride. I look at the good and the bad, and am thankful for it all. The friends I've lost and gained, the things I've left behind and embraced, the places I've moved on from and ventured to. I've taken in so much this year ; this has caused me to develop dramatically in perspective and in person.

However, what good would it be if I were to shy away from the world? Yes, perhaps I would never know hurt nor pain. Then again neither would I experience the wonder and magic that is part and parcel of life.

I would far rather swing between agony and ecstasy than trudge through bleary monotony.

***

Me running away from home was not a pretty situation and not one I'm proud of. I uttered words I didn't mean and did things I shouldn't have. Nevertheless, I am amazed by the beauty which lay within the tragedy.

I thank God for surrounding me with wonderful people and wise counsel. I would never have known how kind people could be to a girl full of conflict and turmoil.

Felix, Luke, and Fong. The very night it happened, you guys were the first ones who were there for me. Thank you for the comfort and support you provided me with.

Felix, I especially appreciate you taking me in and caring for me. I shed so many tears and was so emotional during those days I stayed with you. Thank you for your patience and care, the inspiration and courage you bestowed me with.

Fong and Luke, thank you for telling me to hold on to what I believe in, for reminding me of what is important and where I came from.

Chai Chi, my best friend from high school. I am so incredibly touched that the friendship which was forged when we were kids sitting next to each other in the same classroom, still holds strong after all these years.

The Chai family, words fail to speak for how much you have done not just for me but also for my family. Thank for your guidance and encouragement, the patience and strength that you imparted.

Ian and Ivan, thank you for the concern you showed to my sister. I am truly grateful that you took upon yourselves to share in the situation.

Bing and Justin, the both of you took such good care of me when I was in Penang. Although we're apart most of the time, it's such a blessing to know I have friends like you.

Inti CF, specifically Samuel, David, Ben, and Isaac. Thank you for your help and concern.

***

My parents and I still have our differences to work through. However, I hope that in days to come we'll stand on much better grounds than we were before this.

As I type this out, I'm back home. I'm thankful for that.


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment