Monday, September 9, 2013

THE RIGHT PERSON



If you're a person who knows me well, you would know that I've been wanting to go on a backpacking adventure for some time already. Heck, everyone in my vicinity knows it.

  " But where would you stay? "
  " How would you get the money? "
  " Who would you go with? "
  " Isn't it dangerous? "
  " Why on earth would you want to do something so far out? "

Ahh, the number of doubting Thomases haranguing me, trying to dissuade me from going! Trying to bring me under the same spell of their mistrust and scepticism!

Well, in order to calm some of your apprehensions, here is what I've thought of so far. I know there will be exclamations, but I don't care. Ready?

I'd fly AirAsia, Expedia.com, or Flyscoot.com. I'd hitchhike, thumb-a-ride, or walk.
I'd sleep in airports, train stations, churches, welfare shelters, 24-hour joints, police stations, backpacker lodges, the works.
I'd eat from the bargain section of supermarkets, farmers markets, street food, work for food. Heck, I'd eat the leftover food on peoples tables.

People tell me I'm crazy. Is that so?

Oh well. Better stand alone on my side and be labelled 'crazy' than to stand on their side and be accepted as 'normal'. What good is it to live life sheltered and safely tucked away? I would rather have a good ol' rough and tumble with adventure and come away breathless, even though it probably means getting a few bumps and bruises along the way..

I hold fast to the notion that when there is a will, there is a way. If you truly want something bad enough, you WILL go out there and you WILL find a way to make it happen.

Belief is the foundation upon which dreams are built. Believe you can, and you're halfway there.



Some time ago, I'd done a breakdown of 3 things which I would need to do this.

- Time
- Money
- Companion

Time :
I'm having a gap between my studies now, so schedule is of no object to me.

Money :
I've been working my ass off with multiple jobs and saving like mad, so the finances (while thin) look like they'll hold together. Would be good to get more funds to support myself though, so this is still under way.

Companion :
By far, this has been the most difficult criteria to fulfill. Have a conversation with me, and it's likely that the first few sentences out of my mouth would have been pertaining to travelling. A couple of months ago, I thought I'd found the right person *cough I'm looking at you Jon cough* but things came up and plans fell through. It's okay though, it just means I have to wait a little longer until the right person comes along.

The right person, who is just as hungry for adventure as I am. The right person, who relishes the thrill of challenges and laughs in the face of adversity. The right person, who hungers to taste the unknown and longs for relief from the humdrum of monotony.

And would you dear reader, happen to be the Right Person



                        

No comments:

Post a Comment