Sunday, June 2, 2013

WANDERLUST

Something I've wanted to do badly, for quite some time now, is travel.

Now when I say travel, it does not mean the security and structure of modern countries such as Australia, Singapore, Europe, and such. Think instead of the unfamiliar roads less traversed ; Vietnam, Cambodia, Phillippines, Laos.

When I say travel, it does not mean having a neatly organized itinerary, booked-in-advance accommodation, and regular meals. Think instead, not getting a shower that day, not knowing when your next meal will be (or even where it will come from), not knowing where you will sleep that night.

When I say it, I mean closing your eyes and jumping off with the wild abandon that seems come hand-in-hand with youth, into the great unknown. 

Now that would be a thrill like no other, truly an adventure to be relished.

***

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. The desire is ingrained in me so deeply that come what may, this is something I know I must achieve for the sake of my sanity.

The present circumstances look as though they're as good as they're going to get. I've thought about it and decided that for this to work, I need three things namely : Time, Money, and Buddy.

Time is abundant. I can work hard and take care of Money. Buddy was the most difficult part. I went down a few paths in the hopes of finding him, only to find myself at a dead end every time.

I'd started to doubt that I would ever tick Buddy off the checklist, to the point that I seriously considered going by myself. If I was going to wait for the perfect circumstances to begin, I'd never get started. However difficult as it was to hold back, I knew that it would be bordering on dangerous to do this as a lone girl.

Which is why I was so thankful when I found someone who seemed to be game. It was a blessing heaped upon me, serendipity redefined.

But time is ticking, and we have yet to hash things out and come to a solid agreement. 

Dear God almighty, please let this work. 


                       
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment