Saturday, June 15, 2013

FOR YOU, MY LOVE.

Today, I was at the track. I wasn't supposed to be ; I had no idea what I was doing there. 

But once I placed my foot upon its surface, I knew what I was there for. I was there for the run. So despite the fact that I should in the midst of my taper, I ran. I relished every step, enjoyed every moment.
//////////////


****


After my run, I bumped into an old friend of mine from high school. We walked together and caught up,
filling each other in about what we've been up to, how we've been. Then he said to me

" You've been travelling a lot, I see it's something you enjoy. How would you like to travel with me to Europe? "

I laughed, then responded 

" Go to Europe with you? What do you have in mind? "

" I want to go there for someone. To meet a girl. "

" Wait, so you're doing this for a girl? Why? "

" What do you mean by 'why'? Why not? "

" Well, if I did something like this, I'd want to do it for myself. For me, not for someone else. "
////////////
***

Allowing another person to be the pivot of your own hopes and actions ; I simply cannot fathom it.

Yes, they may measure up to what you hoped for. Yes, they may prove themselves worthy.
Nevertheless, there still lurks this very real possibility - what if they don't?

I don't believe in putting my faith in another person to climb with my mountains with me, endure this journey with me, and support me through the pursuit of my dreams.

What if they decide to abandon me halfway?
What if they decide they want to take a breather, when I still want to persevere and push on?
What if they fall and drag me down with them?

I'm sorry, but the only person I know I can trust for sure to be there with me every step of the way is myself.  It would be beyond unthinkable to have it any other way. After all, I'm the one who will be held accountable, I'm the person who will endure the subsequent results of my decisions and actions

There are certain principles and values I know I will never relinquish no matter what. However, I hesitate when it comes to believing that others will always have the same stand as I do. 

If you have a dream.
If you have a goal.
If you have an ambition.

Make sure its
For you to pursue.
For you to live.
For you to achieve.
For you to revel in and cherish.


Yes my love, for you and no one else.
/////////////////




                        

1 comment:

  1. Ah but you need to trust to fall in love, and the risks that come along with it do involve hurt but then again, after a hurricane comes a rainbow, a dark storm which complements the light. And the person you do trust, becomes a part of the journey that is life, and since it's a once in a lifetime journey, to face the storms and dance in the moonlight are experiences worth all of it.

    ReplyDelete