Sunday, November 18, 2012

PENANG BRIDGE INTERNATIONAL MARATHON 2012 : BLOG REVIEW

Let me offer you a priceless piece of advice ;

ALWAYS TAKE EXTREME CAUTION TO WATCH YOUR DIET IN THE DAYS LEADING UP TO AN IMPORTANT RACE.

Or else, you might wind up like me being forced to 'go' three times over the course of the run. And I tell you, having to be in the situation where you have no choice but to do your business in a crap-covered, stench-reeking porta-pottie is a truly unpleasant experience which is best avoided altogether.

So, here's my recap of PBIM 2012.

***

I started off on at an easier pace because I'd learnt my lesson from busting my knees at SCKLM due to pushing too hard without having properly warmed up. This time round, I truly thank God that I was able to complete the whole thing without my knees giving me any problems at all.

Half marathon runners on the bridge around the 7km point. 


Three quarters there already!


powered by this song through out the race. truly with Christ, nothing is impossible!

Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."


Proudly posing with the half marathon medal after the run.


Saw a whole lot of people I knew, as well as Alex who was there too. Y U NO tell me you were running?!


Due to the annoying inconvenience of having to jog slowly for some parts of the run because of a very uncomfortable stomach + making a few toilet stops on the way, I finished in 2:43. While it's an improvement of my previous 2:45, I'm still not satisfied. Nevermind, I shall be more vigilant of my diet in the days leading up to my next marathon and reach 2:30, just wait.

***

Now, what's next?

SCKLM 2013?
Phuket International Marathon?

Let's go let's go! :D





                       

2 comments:

  1. funny how you censored your name. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off i want to say how inspirational you are! i've been reading your blog since the beginning of this year and you have motivated me to lose weight! Which i did and i dropped a dress size too :D

    then i moved to the UK. After 9 weeks of being here, I have gained about 2-3kg. I can't wear my favourite pair of jeans anymore and I am not sure whether it's the muscles I have gained that contributed to the weight gain due to the walking (and the gym) I've been doing plus the fat that came on. It doesn't really help that I've been eating round the clock and somehow my 'eat in moderation' motto has gone out of the window.

    My friends tell me it's okay to eat since winter is coming but I don't want to go back to how I started off back in Malaysia. Please help!! I don't want to be a binging monster! :/

    ReplyDelete