Wednesday, May 23, 2012

PART OF ME



this song strikes a chord deep in my heart.

because it reminds me so much of myself and what i went through as well. i remember only too well this time last year, i was struggling - with loss of self esteem, insecurity, conflict, and so much more. i don't know what on earth was wrong with me, but every day my emotions were teeter totter, on the brink of erupting. i lived on the edge, where even the tiniest thing would result in me tearing up.

doing marathons and pushing myself helped me. when i say this, many people think of the physical side, but becoming a long distance runner goes so much deeper than the surface. it throws you out of your comfort zone and you really have to grit your teeth, dig deep, and summon up every last bit of your strength to get to that finish line.


"you have no idea how strong you can really be, until being strong is the only choice you have."






No comments:

Post a Comment