“There’s a plane leaving for anywhere you want right now, and in an hour, and in a day, and in a year. You can get out whenever you want, it’s comforting I think.”
today during my social psychology class, our lecturer was teaching us about self knowledge.
self concept - who you think you are as a person, changes over time.
self awareness - the act of thinking about yourself and who you are.
as an exercise to get us familiar with the lesson, she asked us to come up with a few self concepts to share with the class. i came up with more than a few, and i thought i'd share what i have here.
- i don't get emotionally attached to people easily.
- in areas that matter to me, i set very high standards for myself and get angry at myself when i don't meet them.
- my current passions are, writing and health / fitness.
- i walk the line between optimism and realism.
- i want to live in another country / countries for at least 5 years of my life.
- by the age of 25, i want to have travelled to at least 10 different countries.
- i express myself better through writing.
- i have a high sensitivity towards other people's feelings and emotions.
- i like being alone sometimes.
- i think a lot about the past and future.
- i set goals and work hard towards them.
- i want to have two kids.
- i love sports, and am a very competitive person.
- i want to get married before the age of 27.
- i fear growing old alone.