Sunday, September 18, 2011

TIL THEN



they say that when someone leaves for greener pastures, we should be happy for them and wish them well. however i can't help but to feel an odd poignance, this quiet sadness washing over me like a river, enveloping me, drowning out the laughter and smiles that usually are a commonplace in my daily life, at least for the time being.

you, you, and you. leaving to new frontiers, faraway lands, like lanterns disappearing over the horizon of a pensive sky. numerous faces, people i have grown with in the past years, all being blotted out one by one, snuffed out like candles. faces so familiar, which will probably be different when they finally reappear.

you know what makes this, all the more difficult to take? wanting to spread my wings as well, but not being able to.

and i just feel so, so sad.



"Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?"



why?









No comments:

Post a Comment