Sunday, April 10, 2011

OF DEATH AND HELL

arghh my blog looks so boring with the severe lack of pictures lately!

*looks around for a random picture to throw into my blog*

there. :)

that's lewis and i, a coupla weeks ago when he fetched me out to klcc to run some errands.

snippet of our conversation in the car that day.

lewis : you so you wanna go to klcc?
me : yup.
lewis : why ah?
me : to exchange something i bought.
lewis : walao, so you want to go all the way then come back?
me : no lah, i only want to go halfway then come back. 

***

randomly, i was thinking about the phrases "eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, we die", and "live each day like it's your last".

- hell to calories! if today were the last day of my life, the first thing i'd do would be to totally binge on burgers, lasagna, chocolate, pretzels, pasta, pizza, waffles, ice cream, you name it. i'd stuff myself silly, eating until i'm practically blue in the face. i wouldn't stop until i pass out from the exhaustion of it, my tummy resembling a giant bloated beach ball. 

- why bother studying, why bother trying to improve my life, heck, why bother taking baths? there's no point anyway, since i'm gonna be a goner in 24 hours.

- i'd throw all caution to the wind and go ahead, doing anything and everything i've ever wanted. i'd hover above an active volcano in a helicopter, i'd fly to paris and stand on top of the eiffel tower, i'd sail to alaska and see the aurora borealis.
i'd swim with man-eating sharks because even if they were to suddenly decide i look tasty and to eat me up, i wouldn't have much to lose anyway. 
i'd walk around wearing nothing but my birthday suit! :D i'd visit infamous nudist beaches! and with the last 5 seconds of my life left to live, i'd yell "cheerio!" and jump off the edge of the niagara falls into the thundering mist of the mighty waterfall. 

***

and then it led me to thinking about death, and then about hell (not that i intend to end up there.) do you suppose that hell is a one for all place? previously, even if i never bothered much about hell, i always presumed that it was one direction, with everyone ending up in the same place . 

but then i realized, one person's idea of hell might not be the same as the next. let's assume that hell is a place where you have to deal with the things you hate. person A loves broccoli, while person B detests it. so it might be that A's idea of hell is a place where broccoli doesn't exist. while for B, broccoli would be forced down his throat until he is gasping for air and begging for mercy.

hmm.
what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment